Managing Diversity and Equity in Clinical Trials
Australian Clinical Trials Education Centre Symposium 2023.
The Australian Clinical Trials Education Centre (A-CTEC) is a free, Australian education platform, showcasing a range of training resources that are evidence-based, interactive, focusing on clinical trials education needs that meet the National Standard Operating Procedures for Clinical Trials and Good Clinical Practice.
A-CTEC connects the Australian research community to online resources and education relating to Clinical Trials.
Session 1 - The Need for The Data
- 1:00 – 1:05: Welcome
- 1:05 – 1:30: Why do we want equity and diversity in clinical trial enrollment?
- 1:30 – 1:55: How are we collecting the data?
Session 2 - Inclusion of Elderly & Paediatrics
- 2:05 – 2:40: Agism in Trials
- 2:40 – 3:15: Challenges of Paediatric Trials
Session 3 - Equity of Access in Trials
- 3:30 – 3:50: Impacts of Mental Health on Trials
- 3:50 – 4:05: Cultural and Linguistic Diversity (CALD) Inclusion & Where the Industry is Changing
- 4:05 – 4:25: Funding for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander specific trials
- 4:25 – 4:30: Wrap-up
To attend this event you must:
- Register for free A-CTEC membership with your work email address
- Follow A-CTEC's Registration & Access Instructions
- Join up at actec.myopenlms.net
Access the wealth of education resources supporting researchers interested, or involved, in clinical trials.